If you’ve been a reader of this blog for any time, you know I have been researching and writing about anti-aging. I have written over 11,000 words on the subject and the book is taking shape nicely
Let me digress for a second if I may. One thing I was trained to do when I started my writing career was to evaluate the competition for any book idea before I did much work on the project.
I broke that rule with this project because I was very interested in it and I assumed that others would share my interest.
This is not the case.
Using this software KDP Rocket, I got around to researching anti-aging topics thoroughly. And as it turns out, there is some interest in the topic but sales of e-books are minimal once you get past the first one or two in the rankings. A quick evaluation would suggest a potential in this market, but the reality is there is one book that is setting the bar extremely high and skewing the rest of the market numbers out of shape. This means the single book is making 90% of all the sales, and the rest of the e-books in the genre share the 10%.
I will continue to read and absorb developments in anti-aging, and I may update this blog every now and again on the topic. But it’s no longer on my writing schedule.
Here are two things you need to do if you’re interested.
The research is clear that walking 2 miles a day has positive health benefits for seniors. Walking less than 2 miles a day doesn’t have those benefits and walking over 2 miles a day doesn’t increase the benefits. The mark you want to hit is 2 miles every day of the week.
Research is also clear there are two areas under your full control to extend your life. The first of those is exercise and having a regular exercise program will have benefits beyond muscular fitness. Physiological responses to exercise are massive and all-consuming across every vital organ in the body including the brain. Bottom line: exercise.
The second area – meditation – has been positively correlated with lengthening your telomeres. These are the protective end caps on your DNA. As they shorten, your body responds with aging characteristics. The task then is to meditate daily.
While there are supplements recommended by various authors, I haven’t fully explored those in any way I would feel comfortable sharing.
I will continue my research for my own purposes, but I have no intent at this point to publish an ebook. I may publish some of that data here – but I haven’t decided.
Here are links to the two best resources you should consider.
I’d consider both of these books essential reading for any age if you’re interested in living well for longer.
What’s my next project?
Good question. I’m spending time right now evaluating my gardening e-books, rebuilding one of my websites to make it more user-friendly, and pushing forward with my fiction writing.
The other thing I’m doing is a writing exercise around identifying things I would like to learn and share with readers.
The good news is the software KDP Rocket saved me a lot of time and effort for little income potential.
The bad news is that I am without a new major non-fiction project.
I’ll get back to you as soon as I figure out what – and if – I’m going to do next..
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.